IMPORTANT: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS, INCLUDING PATIENT POST CARE AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS, PRIOR TO USING THIS PRODUCT.
vakker® Smile! Premium In-Office Teeth Whitening System is a 35% or 44% carbamide peroxide whitening solution, which designed for the customer who wants easy and quick whitening results from a dental professional for their natural teeth. Vakker Smile is a single patient use product, applied by a dental professional.
1*2ml Whitening Pen (special light photon whitening gel, made in the USA)
1*1.2ml Gingival Barrier
4*Vitamin E Swab
INSTRUCTION FOR USE
- Brush teeth with oral brush-ups (image 1)
- Apply Vitamin E Oil to lips (image 2)
- Wear Cheek Retractor (image 3)
- Apply a thin layer of gingival barrier gel along the gingival margin of teeth (image 4)
- Curing gingival barrier with curing light for 3-10 seconds (image 5)
- Apply whitening gel evenly and avoid contact with tissue (image 6)
- Turn on the whitening accelerator for 20-30 minutes (image 7)
- Remove the gingival barrier (image 8)
- Remove cheek retractor (image 9)
- Apply vitamin E Oil on lips and rinse the mouth with water. Check the patient is comfortable. (image 10)
-Recommended for patients to receive vakker® Smile every 6 months at routine cleaning appointments. Maximum usage is 4 times per year.
-To help maintain your white smile, we recommend that you avoid staining foods, drinks, and tobacco for 30 minutes after your treatment.
-Continue good oral hygiene, and using a vakker® electric toothbrush will help keep your results longer.
-Visit your dentist every 6 months to help maintain your good oral health care, and book you next vakker® Smile appointment so you can maintain your Healthy, White Smile.
-To help reduce sensitivity ask your dental professional about using 5% potassium nitrate toothpaste, such as sensitivity relief toothpaste.
Current research has not evaluated the possible effects of whitening procedures on all patient types. vakker® recommends the following whitening candidates consult their medical doctor before use:
- Pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Those currently treated for a serious illness e.g. immune-compromised, AIDS, etc.
FIRST AID INSTRUCTIONS
- For advice, contact a Poison Information Center or a doctor immediately.
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting.
- If whitening gel gets into eyes, hold eyelids apart and flush the eye continuously with running water for at least 15 minutes.
- If clothing, skin, or hair contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and flush skin or hair with running water.
- Wear suitable protective clothing.
- Both dental professional and patient should wear eye protection goggles.
- Wait 2 weeks after whitening to replace bonded restorations.
- If irritation such as redness, swelling or soreness of the gums or the mouth occurs, discontinue use and consult a dentist.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while the gel is on the teeth.
- Avoid swallowing
- Discoloration of teeth can be caused by staining from food, drinks, and tobacco with penetration into the tooth enamel/dentin; age-dependent degenerative changes; tetracycline or minocycline medications; fluorosis; endodontic treatment and genetically discolored teeth.
- Review the patient’s current dental health and medical history.
- Patients with composite restorations must be advised that existing composites may require replacement since only natural teeth will whiten.
- For patients requiring aesthetic restorations, wait 2 weeks after the last whitening treatment to allow for color stabilization. Do not place adhesive restorations on teeth within 7-10 days of any tooth whitening treatment as recent studies show a transient decrease in bond strength during the period.
- Methyl methacrylate provisional or temporaries may discolor and redden during the whitening process. However, composite or polycarbonate materials will remain unaffected.
Before beginning treatment, perform prophylaxis to ensure the patient is free of decay, calculus and easily removable extrinsic stains. All restorations should be intact or well-sealed with adequate temporary materials.
Set realistic expectations about potential results based on oral exam and explain results vary. Patients can expect a noticeably whiter smile with one treatment. For optimum results use vakker® Smile is a combination with take-home whitening.
Anatomy, calcifications, age, tooth condition, hygiene, etc determine the results each patient will attain. Teeth with yellow and brown stains will achieve greatest success white those gray shading from tetracycline or other medications may experience less dramatic results but should improve. Crowns and other tooth-colored restorations will not whiten; to maintain uniform color, tooth-colored restorations may require replacement following the whitening procedure.
The dental professional should give patients the vakker® Smile Patient Post-Care and maintenance instructions and advise patients:
- Patients should not eat or drink while doing the treatment and for 30 minutes after their vakker® Smile treatment.
- To continue good oral hygiene, the use of VAKKER Electric Toothbrush will help Prolong the benefits for their whitening treatment.
POTENTIAL ADVERSE EFFECTS
Adverse effects that may be associated with the use of a whitening product containing peroxide include, but are not limited to:
- Sensitivity: Patients more susceptible to sensitivity are those with exposed root surfaces, defective restorations, exposed dentin, oral tissue injury, periodontal disease, recession, untreated caries, cracked teeth, abfractions, open cavities or leaking fillings.
- Patients with the above described physical issues should be advised against using this product.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.